Thursday 29 September 2016

8km with 3 x 3min bursts

I honestly thought it was about to storm tonight and had planned to use the treadmill at home.  Lucky for me the rain stopped so I headed to the track.  Robyn had just pulled up and was heading out to walk a road course but said she would do a few laps if I was still on the track when she finished.

I started out and settled into a nice pace.  My big focus tonight was to get a nice long stride.   I feel I cant go faster until i can be more flexible.   I was a little surprised when my first km was 6.07  I didnt feel I was walking that quickly.  

Km 2, 5 & 7 are the ones I did the bursts in.  Not sure how fast I did my bursts in but they felt faster.  

It wasnt much fun walking by myself so I just focused on style and counting laps.   So I was thrilled when robyn joined me out on the track.

Tonight my time for 8km was 49.13 ........ last week my 8km fartlek was 49.54 .... so thats a bloody good improvement.

After we finished we quickly took some photos and I was so pleased how my stride has lengthened.



8km data

No comments:

Post a Comment